Not much has been going on lately; I've been so very bored. I know it's been awhile since I've done this researching, but because I can't go Bird Watching now this is really all I have to amuse myself. I've decided to post a small bit about another Disorder, I hope you don't mind.
Dissociative Identity Disorder
(Formerly Multiple Personality Disorder)
- Is often random and unpredictable.
- Often involves a phobia of some sort.
- Mood Swings
- Can involve alcohol or drug addiction
- Characterized by at least two personalities that take control of the body, and the inability to recall personal infomation that isn't normal forgetfulness.
- Not a disorder that can be brought on by a drug.
- Often isn't diagnosed until adulthood; but usually comes from repetitive abuse in childhood.
- Many people who suffer from this suffer from other disorders (OCD, Anxiety, Depression, etc.).
- They also are easily affected by Dissociation, which is when an aspect of the affected person's self/environment become disconnected from each other.
- They are highly intelligent and highly creative.
- The alternate personalities come in a few main types. There are host personalities which appear most often, opposite gender personalities, self-helper personalities, and persecutory personalities. The latter may harm themselves or others.