Monday, November 22, 2010

Researching Day Four

Not much has been going on lately; I've been so very bored. I know it's been awhile since I've done this researching, but because I can't go Bird Watching now this is really all I have to amuse myself. I've decided to post a small bit about another Disorder, I hope you don't mind.

Dissociative Identity Disorder
(Formerly Multiple Personality Disorder)

- Is often random and unpredictable.
- Often involves a phobia of some sort.
- Mood Swings
- Insomnia
- Can involve alcohol or drug addiction
- Characterized by at least two personalities that take control of the body, and the inability to recall personal infomation that isn't normal forgetfulness.
- Not a disorder that can be brought on by a drug.
- Often isn't diagnosed until adulthood; but usually comes from repetitive abuse in childhood.
- Many people who suffer from this suffer from other disorders (OCD, Anxiety, Depression, etc.).
- They also are easily affected by Dissociation, which is when an aspect of the affected person's self/environment become disconnected from each other. 
- They are highly intelligent and highly creative. 
- The alternate personalities come in a few main types. There are host personalities which appear most often, opposite gender personalities, self-helper personalities, and persecutory personalities. The latter may harm themselves or others.


Sources:
http://www.dissociativeidentitydisorder.net/
http://www.gospelassemblyfree.com/facts/mpd.htm

5 comments:

  1. You were looking up information on my disorder? ~Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you mention it, I guess I was. What a strange coincidence! Is this information accurate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! After my birth father was killed by a hit-and-run driver when I was eight, my mother married what turned out to be a real douchebag. Drunk bastard beat me for everything... One night, shortly after my second persona emereged, he went outside (drunk) after a 'fancy fucking prick tresspassing on my fucking property'. He never came bcak. He was found a few days later, torn to shreds, with a look of horror on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I'm sorry-even though he wasn't the best person, it still doesn't sound very pleasant at all. Did the police look into it at all?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little bit, case went cold, though. Weird thing is, He was found high up a tree, impaled on a tree limb. ~Rose

    ReplyDelete